KNOW THE RULES:
- Starting August 1, 2008, 16 core courses will be required for NCAA Division I only. This rule applies to any student first entering any Division I college or university on or after August 1, 2008. See the chart below for the breakdown of this 16 core-course requirement.
- 14 core courses are required in NCAA Division II. See the breakdown of core-course requirements below.
- Division I has a sliding scale for test score and grade-point average. The sliding scale for those requirements is shown on page two of this sheet.
- Division II has a minimum SAT score requirement of 820 or an ACT sum score of 68.
- The SAT score used for NCAA purposes includes only the critical reading and math sections. The writing section of the SAT is not used.
- The ACT score used for NCAA purposes is a sum of the four sections on the ACT: English, math, reading and science.
- All SAT and ACT scores must be reported directly to the NCAA Initial-Eligibility Clearinghouse by the testing agency. Test scores that appear on transcripts will no longer be used. When registering for the SAT or ACT, use the clearinghouse code of 9999 to make sure the score is reported to the clearinghouse.